Thursday, July 2, 2009

Welcome to my photo blog!


I couldn't exactly think of a better way to show you what I get the opportunity to see every day through the lens. Each day I get to interact with people on a different scale of personalities and bring about the character that many don't even know is within them. People ask if my job is rewarding... its more than that! Let me explain: I have a picture of each of my grandmothers walking down the streets of Atlanta, both dressed in a clothing style of an era I missed, both looking so amazingly beautiful in their youth. These photos are treasures to me- but the photographer that took them.... he has no idea what he/she has given me. Every time I look at them I get to look to a time where they were young, beautiful, falling in love, writing love letters to their future husbands while they are overseas fighting in a war... a time where they think of the same things that I do now. Its a window in time, even for just a moment. I want to pay that forward.


If you ever want to view more photos from our blog, please visit http://www.mandidanielle.photoreflect.com/ and search for the event!